Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 27, 2014

What's Cooking???????????

Since my last post, our parents had visited us, Gosh, we were so happy and excited. Time flew by so fast and we got to eat really good Ghar Ka Khana (home cooked food), after such a long time. I am not saying that my cooking is bad, but it simply cannot match up with the senior ladies of the house.
It goes without saying that, mothers bring a special touch to the food, which i may dare not compete with.
Meanwhile, I got a chance for the first time, to cook an entire meal for the family. I went a bit experimental and cooked lamb. Here are some clicks and the story of how I proceeded.


500 gms lamb.
4-5 potatoes sliced.
3-4 onions sliced.
Ginger paste( best if home made)
Red wine vinegar.
Meat masala.
Red Chilli powder.
Turmeric
Mustard Oil
Lil bit a sugar.
Salt to taste.


First I marinated the lambs with salt , red wine vinegar, meat masala, red chilli powder and turmeric for about 2 hrs.


Then in my extremely neat and new Stew pot, I added mustard oil, garlic paste, and fried the onions, i love my onions a li'l caramelized so added a li'l bit of sugar.


After that i added the potatoes.


Then let them cook together for sometime.

After being satisfied about the potatoes and onions i added the lamb chops.


Now, i let it cook for about 1 hr at lowest flame.
Look at the colour.. :)

And we enjoyed happily.

P.S.:

Durga Pujo, the biggest festival celebration of the year is around the corner and we will be gorging on a lot of delightful stuff, both home made and street side. Will keep you posted.

Durga Pujo Elo Bole.. :D :D


No comments:

Post a Comment